December 3, 2013

Cy - Confessions of a Frogger

I have absolutely nothing (zilch, nada, nought, zero, nowt) to show you this week. 
But......
...Remember the braided stitched knot of last week that took me three days to stitch... well I frogged it... and I'm feeling guilty about that because some people liked it.
That quilt IS back in the UFO pile, but I had a feeling that, sometime in the future, I would look at it again and still not like the braided stitched knot. So, to avoid going through exactly what I am going through now, I knew I had to frog it, so that I can, at least, get a fresh view on it later on, and re-think what the next step will be with the quilt.
It is done... and it's time to move on.

My head is not in a very good place at the moment. 
I shall sit a while and ponder on it.

I need direction (or rather - 'a' direction).
A goal, a target, a course of action.
I am disappointed that I have achieved nothing in a week - actually that is more like two weeks considering the un-stitching that was done.

Pinterest has been a very good time-waster, but it has also given me too much inspiration.
So much inspiration that I am now very confused.
I need a calming week. A 'come-what-may' week. 
Just a 'clear-my-head-of-clutter' week.


14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I love telling people what to do--get all your supplies in a row and let's get that gorgeous teal and black CQ ready to finish in 2014.
I am going to come back to CQ in 2014 too--steady week by week report. I've missed the continuity that a big project offers.

ladyhawthorne said...

It's ok to have weeks of nothing. You will sort it all out eventually. I'm looking forward to a full project for next year too with my patchwork quilt.

Cyra said...

Very good advice Debra (especially when you have a long pointy stick in your hand).
Yes, the continuity of a cq project with a weekly report sounds pretty appealing to me. Just what I need to keep me happy with short bursts of stitching that has equally short goals each week or month.

Cyra said...

I think I'll have a couple more days of chlling out then I'll turn my brain on again.

Suztats said...

Sometimes, it's just not stitching time. I like to check out my supplies, drool over my threads and beads and fabrics, and usually that will spark ideas. If not, I go and knit, or tat until the mojo returns. Or I read a CQing book or mag.........
I'm doing CQJP 2014 next year, too. Think Christmas reds, and tree skirts............ :-O

Judy S. said...

I've got to get back to weekly stitching also; too many unfinished projects are waiting.......

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I have some red embroideries that have been calling me and I would love to start another CQ project before my embroidery "skills" fall by the wayside. And, I too like the motivation of having to account for my sewing progress on a regular basis.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Cy, I know what you mean.I have three or four quilts in my head I want to make for Debra. The week I was off from work, I really was so overwhelmed with things I wanted to do that I only got a fraction of them done. I love Pinterest but it certainly can overwhelm you. Plus, I have TWO completed UFOs that need to be hand quilted this coming year. They are stalled and I did too much work on them to let them languish!

Cyra said...

That is good to hear Suz. I like following your projects.
Yes I might have to get out some fabrics and threads just to fondle and stroke until my mojo comes back too.

Cyra said...

I have missed setting a weekly goal for stitching and a regular report.

Cyra said...

I'm glad I made my confession, lol, it seems I am not the only one in a confused state of mind and overwhelmed with projects.
Lets hope our paths are clearer in 2014.

Debra Spincic said...

It sounds like after a year of UFOs, we need to return some disciplined stitching.

You could set up a schedule for the hand quilting & CQ.

cq4fun said...

Stay off Pinterest? =) Read a book? I put projects on my calendar each day, and when the alram goes off, I switch, while I'm still enjoying what I'm doing. I don't get everything done, but I get some things done. =)

Debra Spincic said...

It might be interesting to have a discussion about how each of us works-