December 17, 2013

Angela ~ Knitted Fingerless Mitts

My last Christmas present is done!  This time it is a knitted pair of fingerless mitts.
These were very easy and fast.  If I had not played around with needle size and gauge it would have been a one evening project.
And one skein of yarn was all I needed.
These are for a guy who works outside in the garden, even in cold weather so I needed something that would be practical, warm, not show dirt stains and be easy to throw in the washer.

I've written out the pattern I made up on my blog post.

9 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

I always wonder - do they really keep your hands warm? I could see how people who work outside, or in cold warehouses, might need their hands more, but it's always the tips of my fingers that get cold! They must work, or I wouldn't see so many people wearing them! I'm so impressed that you could make up your own pattern!

Cyra said...

Great job Angela. And thanks for sharing the pattern. I might have a go at a later date when it gets colder here.

Debra Spincic said...

That was fast! Look useful; especially dark brown!

Barbara C said...

Great mitts! These are great for people who work with their hands.

ladyhawthorne said...

I figured brown would hide dirt better, the person they are for is a gardener.

ladyhawthorne said...

My fingertips are what gets cold too, but some part of your hands being warm while you work outside is better than none.

Suztats said...

Well done, Angela!

Judy S. said...

Fun! Looks like the yarn is a tweed? Happy holidays!

ladyhawthorne said...

They say it is a tweed, brown with little bits of white and other blending bits stuck in it. I quite like it and it's very soft.