November 5, 2013

Judy: Tuesday Again So Soon?

You'd never know I gained an extra hour this week!  I did get some sewing done but only managed a couple of stitches on Verandah Views when I got to thinking about how fast the holidays are approaching. Yikes, there are some projects waiting.


For the past several years our quilt group along with some others have made stockings for the local Ronald MacDonald house. These were my contribution.  I also pieced a quilt for David and finally sewed the binding on my SBS quilt (Don't faint, Debra!).  Now to do the final hand stitching.

Don't know how well you can see this, but one morning recently when I looked out of our second story window, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.  The morning fog was on this huge spider web way up high attached to the string we'd put up to entice a vine from below.  I wonder how many hours that patient spider worked?  Well, it's time for me to get back to my projects. Happy stitching y'all!

8 comments:

Cyra said...

What a very creepy looking web. Gave me the shivvers!
Love the fabrics you have used for the stockings. I dont think I have come across mitten fabric before. Nice job Judy.

Judy S. said...

The mitten fabric was in our quilter group's stash!

Suztats said...

The stockings are so cute with those fabrics! I like your spider web (from a distance) and can imagine it covered in dew.......beautiful in its design.

Judy S. said...

It was really huge and so complex; I wish it would have shown up better. Oh, to weave like that!

cq4fun said...

Judy, that spiderweb is awesome! They are so hard to photograph, and you got a great shot of this one. I clicked to see it closer, and I'm very impressed. If it were bees, I would think the whole hive worked on it! Your stockings look so cute. Very nice of you to take time as we dig into the busy season.

Debra Spincic said...

That spider web really is impressive; much like you stitching the binding on your SBS! Bahhhhaaahaha!

Judy S. said...

DH took the photo, not me. Some of the ladies made way, way more than two!

Judy S. said...

I knew you'd be shocked! LOL