November 5, 2013

Suz- November Chills

Hi Everyone. It's been getting colder here, with threats of snow, and frost on the pumpkins, so it's been nice on those cold, grey and windy days to stay indoors and do some handwork.
I've made more progress on the knitted blanket, and it's now 16 " long. Hmmmm, doesn't sound like very much, and I may have to go find some more yarn.......I've finished 5 balls, and I've only completed the second pattern repeat. I only have 7 balls left!...........I may have to add a second colour if I don't find more....
The colour is really off in this photo. The yarn is really a dark green, but you can easily see the cables. So far, I'm pleased with how it's looking.











 October is completed
November has begun with a pretty butterfly, and the beginnings of a cast-on stitch rose.
Thanks Debra for this pretty rose piece!
















and for a little bit of eye candy:
my thread order arrived!
Don't they look yummy? I can't wait to test stitch.


Hope you've had a good stitching week.
Thanks for looking.
Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Cyra said...

Simply scrumptious threads.
Great October block oh 'Queen of cast-ons'. Great start on the new Rose block too. It sounds like you might be in for the long-slog on the cable blanket. Hope you manage to find more wool to match/contrast if tou need it. I have heard that cables is a yarn guzzler.

Judy S. said...

Your blanket is looking great! Hard to believe it's not purple though. LOL
I love your newest block, too, and those threads are very fun. Are those couple metallic?

cq4fun said...

The threads look wonderfully enticing, but your completed block looks even better! I like the rose center in this month's, too.

Debra Spincic said...

I was going to say the same--looks like those cables really eat up the yarn. Did you realize that Suz?

The rose print was passed on to you via Angela (Ladyhawthorne).

Suztats said...

Um, no, I didn't......at least, not before I started.......ack!
Thanks Angela for the pretty rose piece! It's perfect.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy! Except for simple scarves, I'm pretty much a neophyte knitter.......but I'm learning....I'm going back to the same store where I bought the yarn tomorrow, so, fingers crossed......

Suztats said...

Thanks Judy. Yes, the two threads are metallic and part of Lorraine's (http://www.etsy.com/shop/lorraine17) new line. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Suztats said...

Thanks! The center is just perfect for my Lace and Roses theme.

Debra Spincic said...

Or stripes. Love stripes!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

IT's all beautiful. I love that rose print.