November 12, 2013

Susan: October Seams

Only two more to go and October is finished! Here are four I did this week. One isn't a seam, just a filler.

This came from a filler pattern I saw in The Stitches of Creative Embroidery by Jacqueline Enthoven. Of course, it's different.


Same book. I actually used this design in the Flower Fairies quilt last year - but it was flowers then. =)


Same book. I fell in love with the design and thought it might look like one of those fireworks that stands on the ground and lights from the bottom up.


Just a back stitch filler. I could not think of a single thing that would look good on this background, so I stitched some of the dottie part of it from bottom to top, and put in the three prong thingee on the ends of some. How's that for a creative description?


6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Wonderful ideas, love the 2nd one, that could easily translate as rising or setting suns in a different setting. And a great description for the last one! LOL

Suztats said...

Very creative description! ;-) But it looks good, whatever you call it......nice seams

Debra Spincic said...

3 prong thingee is about as technical as I get these days!

Like the fireworks stand with the stars!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

More lovely stitching....

Judy S. said...

I agree with Angela, the second one made me think of suns also. Nice stitching, Susan!

Cyra said...

You are getting very creative and inventive with your stitching. Love the tall one.