November 26, 2013

Susan: October Reveal

Last two seams on this one are finished! This first one is a little hard to see in the picture. It's even a little obscure on the block, but I wanted something to balance the blue overall filler seam on the other side.


This one was one of those that played on an idea on p.185 (fig. 381) in The Stitches of Creative Embroidery by Jacqueline Enthoven. When I first bought the book, I wasn't thrilled with it, but the longer I have it and peruse it, the more I like it and use inspiration from it.


Finally, the whole block:

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I like the dramatic seams on the right! Really cool!

Barbara C said...

The curved stitching on the sides is very dramatic.

Suztats said...

Those bottom stitches look like firework bursts. I like the curvy one on the left, and they all work together.

cq4fun said...

Thanks! I really had fun with this block. Why is it that the year comes to an end just about the time I really get into the swing of things? =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Yup, dramatic is the word for this block, just beautiful!

Cyra said...

A great block Susan. Very unified. Stitching, as usual, is inspirational.

Judy S. said...

I just cannot wait to see these all put together!!! Nice work, Susan, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

cq4fun said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm in the throes of cooking stuff. Wish Paul were here. He made it look so easy! Two blocks to go ... I think I'm going to make it!