November 12, 2013

No Stitching This Week, Once Again~~~

This past weekend our Chicago daughter was in town, so not much stitching was accomplished. Before she arrived, I did make it to our local quilt show. Our quilt group had two quilts displayed that we all worked on together. (My block is the the dog with the pink collar.) We plan to donate this quilt to the Humane Society auction. The pattern is called"Gone to the Dogs," but I don't remember the designer.



The other quilt was my idea from a pack of stamped blocks I purchased in Minnesota.  We all had fun choosing the fabrics. This quilt will be given to someone at the local Ronald MacDonald house.( My block was the one with the chicken.)



Prior to DD#1's arrival, I finished a couple of knitting projects. These mitts are a fun and interesting knit. It's called Point Reyes from the Classic Elite newsletter a while ago.  The little blue mittens have been delivered to Max and met with his approval.




Right now we are on our way to the airport to drop off DD so she can get back to her family, and then we are headed to our normal Tuesday afternoon volunteering at the hospital.  Hope your day is going well! (You can find more quilt show photos at my blog if you are interested.)

7 comments:

Cyra said...

Oooh, Fun quilts. Great group projects.
Max is doing very well out of you, haha.

Debra Spincic said...

The puppy quilt is really cute. I bought that pattern some 10 years ago but I doubt I will ever sew it.

Judy S. said...

I think that's why we did it as a group!

Judy S. said...

And so is Stella! LOL

Suztats said...

Puppies are such fun and your quilt is cute. I really like the warm tones used in the second quilt.

Judy S. said...

Both were fun projects!

cq4fun said...

Some weeks are like that, but other things go on in life besides stitching.