November 5, 2013

Debra: Machine Quilting

It's time for me to machine quilt some quilts!

My friend, Yvonne, and I have been steadily working through the bear panels I have for baby quilts.  There are 12 panels & we have 8 of them pieced into 45" quilts.  Susan has 2 & I have 2 more to finish.  Then, Deborah gave me 3 tops this weekend to quilt for the Family Promise family graduating in December. 


I pulled out some thrifted bear panels & gave them to Yvonne who reverse appliqued them to fabric.  These 6 bears will be the focus of tomorrow's neighborhood sewing group at my house.  My hope is that by the end of the day, we have 6 tops pieced (or close to pieced). 

These quilts are really using up my scraps. No complaints there! Working improvisationally is the way to go!



ALSO:  If you know anyone who would like to join Tuesday Stitchers in 2014, let me know.  We will add new members in January.  So far, there are 2 ladies who have asked to join; both with yearlong projects.
And, if anyone is planning to leave, let me know too.  I don't want anyone to go but I certainly understand.
 

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

WOW! No getting bored for you, huh?

Debra Spincic said...

Never! Two of the tops are quilted.

Judy S. said...

Love those bears!

Suztats said...

I want to have a stash like yours when I grow up!...lol
You've been sew busy! Cute bears.

Debra Spincic said...

very 90s but also very juvenile so they are going to be used-

Debra Spincic said...

I'm showing no mercy with this stash reduction!

Cyra said...

Is it just me, or is that bear on bottom right slightly inebriated, lol.

Some great work accomplished on those quilts. Well done everyone involved.

cq4fun said...

Teddies are ageless. =)

cq4fun said...

Good luck with the quilt group tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you make. These bears are cute, too! I'm running a day behind schedule, but will mail FP quilts no later than Friday. The third one is on the floor, ready to stitch blocks together. AND someone donated more sports fabrics to me, so there will probably be enough for another quilt, but I won't hold the box for that. I have ideas for the bears, too, and they should come your way by the end of next week.

Debra Spincic said...

The only one I need now is the tool quilt for the 9 year old boy. If you can pop that in the mail, the others can wait & mail when you have a stack. There's a possibility the Dec family will graduate in November.