November 12, 2013

Deborah: Quilt Inspired Artwork

Ladies, this week I don't have much of my own work to share. I've been meaning to get a picture of the artwork below. My colleagues Marianne and Dinah created this which, according to Marianne, was inspired by my crazy quilt from last year. The head of the department which we fall under wanted each department to create something for her office. This was the library's entry.

Every square is made from recycled paper, old books, etc.

And just for fun, here is Hank, one of my brother's three Bassets, at the Basset Bash, a fund raiser for the Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia. 

Sorry. I just couldn't resist!

9 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

How cool is that? Great artwork!

Hank is too cute, he has lots of personality.

Suztats said...

Hank is adorable! Love the artwork, and the fact it's created from re-cycled books and paper. How perfect.

Debra Spincic said...

It's a serious tossup between the CQ artwork or Hank. Hank may be winning! Ha! ha!
(Love the CQ!)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I thought the ladies' artwork was just super. I wish you could see it in person.

Hank is a mess, like all Bassets, a real clown. There were about 200 of these guys at the picnic.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Judy S. said...

Wonder what that doggie is thinking! Interesting artwork, thanks for sharing it!

Cyra said...

Fabulous paper crazy quilt. How ingenious is that.... love the fact that it is all made from recycled books and paper. What size is it (or each square) ?

Hank surely stole the show with his good looks!!!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Each square was about 5", mounted on foam board painted black, which gave it more dimension. They were in a shadow box frame that Dinah made.These two women are ingenious.

cq4fun said...

I love that the library "entry" is all from paper and books. =) Cute dog!