November 12, 2013

Angela ~ sorry no picture

I actually have something to share this week but unfortunately I can't find the cord that loads the photos into the computer.  It's here somewhere, I just haven't gotten to it yet apparently.

What I made is something that seems to no longer be available -- a powder puff!  My old one was pretty ratty so I thought, "I'll just get a new one after I move."   Yeah, right.  No one has any!  Several people I asked had no idea what one was either.

So I ended up at Walmart buying some off-white fleece.  (Which I got for free as the manager who was cutting it didn't like the wonky cut he made...gotta love small towns.)  I cut out 3 circles, stacked them and did a simple blanket stitch with quilting thread and I now have a new powder puff!

Maybe I will find my cord before next week.........

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Clever! never used a powder puff.

ladyhawthorne said...

I like powder after I shower, especially in hot weather as it helps keep me cool.
Of course we are now into fall and tonight will be 21 degrees so maybe it's almost winter, but I still like my powder.

Cyra said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Hope you are getting settled into your new place now.

Judy S. said...

Very clever!

Suztats said...

That's thinking outside the box! i like to use powder, too, and I had a nice powder puff box, but the powder had run out. I think I tossed it. d'oh silly me. lol

cq4fun said...

I look forward to seeing next week's photos, then. I can't believe that people don't know what a powder puff is.