October 1, 2013

Suz-A Little Bit of Stitching

I've finished the CQJP September block with a few simple seam embellishments, and 3 cast-on stitch roses.

 All finished and packed away.
(sorry the photos have a yellow cast, but it was a dull, grey day and I needed to use a spotlight.....)

















October is naked, and awaiting needle and thread.........
























Stitching fun continues on my wrapping cloth pieces.

Piece #8, completed and damp-stretched































I gathered all the pieces to date, laying them together to determine how many more I'll need to complete my cloth.
Quite a few more.........

I wanted, too, to see just how the pieces looked together, hoping for design and stitch continuity.
So far, I'm quite pleased. :-D






 piece #9 is underway with the creation of a trimmed pocket

beside a doubled hanky, edged in lace are bullion beginnings.....
and the possibility of another pocket created and embellished........
cast-on stitch edges the lace-covered wild fabric




looking forward to lots more fun on this piece




I hope your week has given you some time for happy stitching.
Happy October!

Hugs from Suz

11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

The bits of red on your wrapping cloth are just delightful and really serve to move the eye around your composition.

Which do you prefer working on-the wrapping cloth or the CQ blocks? or both?

Cyra said...

Excellent stitching on both wrapping cloth and cq block.
Lovely to see all the cloths together. What a great project it is.

Suztats said...

Although I enjoy stitching on both the wrapping cloth pieces and the CQJP blocks, if I had to choose only 1 project to work on, it would be the former. There is something so addictive about this kind of project. I'm not sure if it's because there are no restrictions or if it's because it is all about free-form surface embroidery and I can choose any stitches or design elements I wish. Maybe it's a combination of the two, but I am entranced by the colours of the wild cloth peeking through the laces...........

Suztats said...

Thanks, Cy. A part of me wishes these projects might never end, but then, another part of me wants to begin more of the same......... ;-!

Debra Spincic said...

CQ is supposed to be free too. I certainly like both of your projects.

Judy S. said...

Love both your projects! Your wrapping cloth seems to be similar to Cy's freeform crochet and what I've seen called freeform knitting? At any rate, it is fun to follow your own path rather than slavishly following someone else's pattern; that's one thing I learned in CQ. There's just not enough hours in the day to do it all, is there?

ladyhawthorne said...

I would have a hard time choosing between the 2 projects. I dearly love your trellis with roses though.

Suztats said...

I so wish there were more hours, or at least wish I had the ability to slow down time! So many things to create!

Suztats said...

I do love to make those roses. ;-)

cq4fun said...

Love your cast on roses. Jealous that you are caught up. =)

Suztats said...

not caught up on everything......... ;-) Thanks