October 16, 2013

Suz- Late Update

One day late, but.....here. ;-)
I've done a bit more work on the existing seam treatments I began last week on the October Block:


some alternating lazy daisy trios and cast-on stitch chains filled out this seam treatment


a third chain was added
(took me three tries to get it right!)


the french knots will have bullions added for next week

October, so far.......




















Piece # 9 of my wrapping cloth is progressing slowly:

two tats to cover small seams.....


more buttonhole lace on the hanky edgings....

a prairie point with buttonhole lace, cast-on stitch 'fastenings' and a white, sparkly button

here's how it all looks...

more titivations to come...




Thanks for looking.

Happy stitching.



Hugs from Suz

15 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

That 1st seam treatment is Dyn-o-mite!

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra- I like it too. It just sort of came together.....

Debra Spincic said...

the cast-ons are an unexpected delight!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

beautiful stitching!

cq4fun said...

I love your October block! The colors and the stitching are just gorgeous! This might be my favorite of your wrapping cloths.

ladyhawthorne said...

The first picture seam treatment is gorgeous, looks so complicated and intricate.

Suztats said...

It's actually fairly simple. I did it in steps, first by creating V's on either side of the seam that were supposed to mirror each other. That didn't quite work, so in an attempt to make it less obvious, I used the cast-on stitched chain. ;-0 Then I added the trio of detached chain stitches. At first I thought I might place them on every V point, but decided it would be too crowded.

Suztats said...

Thank you!

Suztats said...

The thread is such a pretty, variegated rayon thread by Stef Francis. I love the shine.
I say that about each new wrapping cloth piece! I think that's part of the enchantment........thanks.

Debra Spincic said...

Which just proves that there are no mistakes in stitching!

Suztats said...

Hahahaha...errrr...right!

Debra Spincic said...

:-)

Cyra said...

Love the tatting seams. Gorgeousness itself.
The rest is pretty awesome too.

Suztats said...

Thank you, Cy!

Judy S. said...

Love the October block and your wrapping cloth, too!