October 22, 2013

Suz: Just a Bit

Just a bit of stitching accomplished this past week, as many hours were spent in the gardens, pulling, weeding, transplanting, watering, and getting the beds prepared for the winter. I still have a lot to do, but I did finish planting 55 tulip bulbs. If the squirrels co-operate, there'll be a lovely splash of colour come spring.
CQJP
 rows of cast-on stitch chains in beige, pale green and purple were added

bullions in beige and pink variegated rayon thread
I added a vine with leaves, but I need to rip out one leaf and re-do it......
Lots of purple french knots, too.
 October is almost finished.



















I haven't been stitching on my wrapping cloth this week, but I am knitting. I'd started a blanket last fall for my son, but hadn't finished in time for Christmas. A week ago, I looked it over before continuing, and ended up tinking (frogging) it all!
I've begun to knit an Aran cable blanket instead, (my first attempt at cables, so wish me luck!) to make the blanket less boring than stockinette stitch. I hope to be far enough along by next week to show some photos.
There are a few other projects on the go, but I can't show them yet. ( It's a secret)

Thanks for looking.
Have a creative week ahead.
Hugs from Suz

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Your twisted bullion seam treatment is this week's highlight!

Suztats said...

Thanks, Debra. I wish it would all cooperate and twist the same way....lol

Deborah McLaughlin said...

You are the queen of bullions and cast-ons. Beautiful and always an interesting application of those stitches.

Debra Spincic said...

It looks great from here.

Suztats said...

Awww, shucks, Deborah....must be all that practicing......thanks

Cyra said...

I love how the purple French Knots evolve onto the cast-on stitched seam.
You've had a busy week too.

Judy S. said...

You sure are good at cast-ons and bullions! I love the way you've twisted the bullions. This is another beautiful block. When you put them all together, it's going to be fabulous.

Suztats said...

Thanks Judy. I think it's all the practice with the wrapping cloth pieces.

Suztats said...

It was because I thought a long line of french knots in one colour would be boring..........lol