September was finished on Friday afternoon. Here are the last two seams. The first one was inspired by Carole Samples. Inside the front cover, there's a color stitched frontispiece. One of the designs had this element in it, only straight and ... well, different. LOL I set them on angle (thank you Success Strips!) and just embellished the ends. I *really* like this!
This is the last one. Truthfully, I hate cretan stitches. You might have heard that from me before. I think it's the ugliest, most boring stitch in the universe. However, to prove that I CAN do it, and it isn't just sour grapes, I toss one in every once in a while. I think there was just one in the entire Flower Fairies top, and this makes just one in the War Posters blocks. Again, I used my Success Strips for spacing, and it made it SO cinchy to get it even. I chose smaller ones than I usually do, just to see how it would look. Then I looked at all the cretans from TAST last year, and saw something totally different from this, but that inspired me to put those straight stitches in at all angles. It actually goes up and down on the block.
Here's the whole block finished.
This is the bare October block, which I've started stitching. Pictures next week.
One of the seams on September looked like this on the back:
The red part, top or bottom, not both, is going to become a seam on the October block. I liked the way it looked!