October 1, 2013

From the Veranda

Greetings from Soggy Seattle!  We just finished one of the rainiest months ever, and guess what?  It's still raining!  Yesterday afternoon, after slogging home through a torrential downpour (waves of water were pouring down the hills), I spent some time stitching on Verandah Views.  We have a patio with some interesting views, like the 2 deer that visited last week, but no veranda.


These blocks sure have a lot of backstitch!  I try to keep the stitches even but am not always very successful.  Maybe by the time I've completed all the blocks?  My green sweater project is coming along but I don't know whether it'll make the deadline.  That reminds me, I'll be out of touch for a bit soon.......  Happy stitching!

11 comments:

Cyra said...

Love the bird bath. Nice View From The Patio.

Suztats said...

I like those flying water drops! A cute pattern.

Debra Spincic said...

It would be nice to have some of that rain here in Houston. I wish we could average out the weather.

Judy S. said...

If only I could send it your way, I surely would!

Judy S. said...

Our patio view is way wetter, soggy, even.

Judy S. said...

Yes, I like these patterns even if there is a ton of backstitch.

ladyhawthorne said...

That's one happy bird! Your backstitches look pretty good to me.

cq4fun said...

Love this, and a nice change from the view of rain, I bet! Doing more does help, but I found the thing that's helped me the most is using weaveline under the fabric. It's very thin, but it really stabilizes and the stitching looks 100% better than without it!

Judy S. said...

We have birds in our yard that do this, and they do look happy and really into the splashing!

Judy S. said...

Never heard of Weaveline. Where do you get it?

cq4fun said...

From the Down Under ladies. Next time one of them posts they have some in their shops, I'll post to the group. It is the nicest stuff! So thin, sticky on one side for iron on, and just light as a feather. I'm also moving to stitching on hanky linen most of the time, and I get that down under, too, usually from Jenny of Elefantz.