October 15, 2013

Debra: 20 Quiltathon

Tis the season to get some quilts sewn.  I am in a friendly challenge with another blogger to see if we can quilt 20 quilts for Christmas.  She is quilting tops given to her from members of her sewing group with the local veterans hospital as the final destination.  I have the help of Susan and Deborah for some tops & I will be sewing some tops.  My quilts will go to either Angel Tree kids or the local Family Promise House (bigger ones to Family Promise for beds; smaller ones to Angel Tree for babies).

The Quiltathon has started!







I'm working fast and furious!  You are welcome to stop by my blog for more photos & to keep track!
 

14 comments:

cq4fun said...

You are off to a great start! I'm headed into the sewing room to put the one on the floor together, then cut out another one with tools on it.

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you! Yippee!!

ladyhawthorne said...

Those circles are certainly fun!

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks! and that large piece of blue kettle cloth you gave me is the backing on this load of quilts.

cq4fun said...

Two seams to go, and I am amazed that it's turning out so cute, considering it's just big rectangles!

Suztats said...

Wow! You are amazing. Quilt on!

Cyra said...

Fabulous stuff. One day, when I get my sewing studio built, I anticipate a quilt-a-thon happening here.

Debra Spincic said...

I've scaled way back to simple and am always surprised how much I like it!

Debra Spincic said...

You got it!

Debra Spincic said...

Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and sew some patchwork tops!

cq4fun said...

I am so amazed! I expected I'd have to trim some ends, or straighten some sides, or maybe it would be entirely too wonky to even use, but ... it's totally square and I didn't have to trim a thing! I'm incredibly pleased with myself. =) I'll do the squares one and get them both off to you early next week.

Barbara C said...

Beautiful work, as always. Those circles are really great.

Debra Spincic said...

Good for you! One of the reasons I like Improv quilts is that I can trim when needed.

Judy S. said...

Twenty, wow! You are amazing!