October 8, 2013

Deborah - Quilt Top Finished & Embroideries (Photo-heavy Post)

I'll deliver this quilt top, an hopefully a few others, to Debra at Houston in just a few weeks. Last night my daughter asked me if I were going to Houston this year. I said "Of course." She said, "Well, I just wondered; usually you don't talk about anything else for weeks before."  Honestly, the time has gone by so quickly this year that I can hardly believe it's just a few weeks away.
Taken with my phone so it's not the greatest picture. 

Then, what did I get in the mail yesterday? From the fabulous Debra?




Last week on Facebook I saw a cute Halloween quilt and - sort of - jokingly said I could get it made before Halloween. Then Debra offered to embroider these wonderful Halloween images for me. Looks like I have a busy week ahead of me. I'm determined to get the small wall hanging done before the 31st! But aren't these wonderful! Thanks, Debra!
All these photos were taken with my phone. I left my camera in my daughter's car. Too lazy to dress & go outside just now. :-)

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Georgia Quilt Show. Fortunately it was held near me, at the Cobb Galleria rather than an hour away. I posted some photos on my poor neglected blog. The quality of the photos is not that great - I left my camera at home, and had to use my phone which promptly began to die. I thought the entries were good this year. I've been disappointed in the past.

I didn't get a chance to comment on last week's postings but as usual everybody is doing amazing things. 



13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I can't wait to see you!

You were joking about the wallhanging? LOL!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

sort of started out that way, then I thought if I could find some Halloween themed panels I could really do it, then you offered to do the embroideries and I thought, hey I could do that.

Debra Spincic said...

Just a tumbleweed gathering momentum! LOL!

ladyhawthorne said...

You two together must be a force to be reckoned with! LOL. The quilt top looks great and I can't wait to see what Halloween loveliness you come up with.

Deborah McLaughlin said...


Debra, that's about it....

I need a purpose sometimes to get motivated, so making the tops for Debra to quilt gives me that motivation.

Debra Spincic said...

I totally understand. I need that kind of motivation too.

Cyra said...

That is a gorgeous quilt top. Someone is going to really enjoy snuggling under that one.

If you want something done.... always ask a busy person, lol. Looking forward to seeing the completed Halloween quilt.

Debra Spincic said...

No, Angela, just 2 mild mannered women who turn into the Quilt Police while viewing the quilt show! LOL!

I usually come home very depressed from the Houston show.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Suztats said...

Nice quilt top. You're so quick!
The howlowe'en quilt will be fantastic. I especially love the skull and the bat.

Barbara C said...

Very nice quilt! I look forward t seeing what you do with those great Halloween embroideries.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love that block combination; my next one will be totally scrappy.

I decided to take Debra's suggestion and do a log cabin block but thought I'd do a flying geese border - fall, geese migrating, etc. seemed fitting.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

those blocks work up very quickly.