October 22, 2013

Deborah: Quilt Top and Mug Rugs

 
Quilt top for Debra is nearly finished. I have the blocks done, just need to sew them together. The overall effect is much subtler than in this photo. I had a great time working on this.     


Bassett hound mug rugs for the November Basset Bash fundraiser. As you know, I don't have Bassets (just three mutts) but my sister-in-law is on her third set and is very active in Basset rescue. This event doesn't raise as much money as the May auction which brings in well over $50,000 each year.  Those Basset owners really love their dogs. 



7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I really like the big 9 patch block quilts. They are an excellent way to experiment with color and pattern combinations.

As soon as I type this, I will be quilting last month's top you sent me. The family graduated yesterday and I want them to have their quilts this week.

Suztats said...

Those mug rugs are really cute! Nice quilt top, too! As someone who did make one small quilt, once! ( lol) I really admire quilters' skills!

cq4fun said...

Great blocks for FP quilt! I love your mugrugs. My sister, too, raised bassets. They are so funny as puppies, constantly tripping over those ears! What evolutionary path thought ears that long would be a benefit? LOL

Deborah McLaughlin said...

No kidding. My SIL has special feeding bowls for them so that their ears don't get into their food and water. Judy and Scott have two Bassets, one mixed Basset, one mixed Bloodhound, and a German Shepherd. I can't judge: I have three dogs and four cats.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I am anxious to see it quilted. I loved the fabric.

Cyra said...

Ha! Love those mugrugs...oh what fun.
Great quilt top too. Lovely that so many quilters/stitchers do so much work for donating to these great causes.

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I'll bet people fight over those mug mats! They are really cute. (And I don't even have a dog...)