October 15, 2013

Deborah: Done!

Well, ladies, I actually finished the Halloween quilt. Debra's embroideries came Tuesday, I think, and in spite of being out of town Thursday and half a day Friday, I managed to put this thing together. Of course, the minute I had all the blocks sewn up, I looked at it and thought, didn't I have the cats facing each other? and I thought that I put the skull in the middle with the birds on either side. But no, I didn't rip it apart and start all over.

I had it all put together by Saturday and waited until Sunday to decide how to quilt it. I do not do free motion machine quilting, so I decided this would have a primitive feel, and did some big stitch quilting. 

The colors seem exaggerated in this photo, because that black & white strip in the upper right does not stand out that much in reality.  It's somewhat darker.  Aside from the wonderful embroideries, I just love the colors.

It won't win any awards but it's fun and the colors are so pretty. 







8 comments:

cq4fun said...

And it's finished! It's perfect for the season, and if you hadn't mentioned the cats, etc., I wouldn't even have thought about the placement, just the overall feel to it.

Debra Spincic said...

Perfect for the season!

ladyhawthorne said...

It's great! I love cats of course, but I rather like that raven.

Suztats said...

Oooh! Ghoulishly good! Love the colours and the embroideries.

Cyra said...

Holy cow! That's stunning.

Barbara C said...

Beautiful quilt, and finished just in time for Halloween. I consider your top realistic: cats would never pose in a symmetrical arrangement.

Judy S. said...

Great job! What a fun quilt!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Debra, I'm getting a lot of compliments on your embroideries. This is hanging in my office so I can enjoy it all day long.