October 29, 2013

Cy ~ Free Form Crochet Shawl update

Hi everyone. 
Here are the latest photos of the shawl that I have been working on.





Some of the scrumbles you may have seen me posting about before, but here they are sewn, or crocheted, in place on the shawl.
And a little bit of Tunisian crochet thrown in on that last photo above. 
I do love variety in a piece.
The shawl is still not completed yet though. I can look forward to another fun week of scrumbles.


And now for something Completely Different.
Sometimes I like to swap projects that I work on during the day. It helps to keep me challenged and interested in the larger projects if I have a smaller item to work on occasionally.
So here is a lovely lilac purple fun item, and no!, it is not going to be a collar. I have something else in mind for this. 


Happy Stitching


13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

You can definitely crochet! My Goodness!!!!

cq4fun said...

I am so curious what the scrumble piece will look like. The purple is beautiful, whatever it will become.

Cyra said...

My sewing machine had a dusting off this week too, but that was only to repair some roller blinds for our caravan (which Tony has said he should be finished renovating by this coming weekend).

Cyra said...

I have tried photographing it as a whole piece today, but not much luck with it. I'll have to find a model. Emma went back home yesterday, so I'm only left with the three boys here, and I don't think they will oblige.

Suztats said...

Your scrumbles are very enticing, and, I am also curious how the finished piece will look. I'm thinking scrumptious.
Hmmmm, wonder what the purple could be? A skirt for one of your felted people?

Debra Spincic said...

The monochromatic idea sounds appealing. I have been pinning black and white ideas on Pinterest. Maybe we should have a casual challenge next year.

Cyra said...

Scrumptious...haha Suz. A great word for it.

Barbara C said...

I'd really like to see a shot of the first shawl in its entirety.

Cyra said...

Yes that sounds challenging enough. What did you have in mind?

Cyra said...

I will hopefully have it finished and photographed by next week Barbara. Watch this space.

Debra Spincic said...

Nothing yet--how about you?

Judy S. said...

Wow, Cy! That shawl is going to be awesome! How'd you do the white furry looking part? Love the purple.....looks like the yoke of a dress!

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy. The white fluffy thing is eye-lash yarn.