September 3, 2013

Tuesday Again Already?

Despite the holiday weekend, I did manage to finish a couple of knitting projects but have yet to pick up an embroidery needle.  I did, however, unearth another barely started group of quilt blocks to be embroidered.  I'll get to them soon..... ( I used to stitch on Monday and Thursday afternoons, and since Stella arrived, Monday is HER day.  Haven't figured out what happened to Thursdays!)


These  mock Ugg boots are done, but it'll be a while before Stella fits into them!  A sweater in Fun Fur will complete the outfit before Christmas, I hope.


This was a fun project also.  The yarn jumped out at me when we visited a new shop in West Seattle and practically hopped onto my needles.  One skein was barely enough for this cowl, but it's done now and will go to DD#1 for her birthday.  Good thing that shop isn't real conveniently located as its wares were way too tempting. (As if I need any more yarn!) Have a great week!

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

Knitting needles instead of embroidery needles. Interesting trade. The "Ugg" boots are so cute. Are those buttons or pompoms in the cowl?

Debra Spincic said...

Those felt balls really are prominent. I always wonder how the yarn will finish. Cool effect!

Cyra said...

Ahhh, how cute are those bootees. Even more lovely with the thought of the fun fur sweater to match.
Love the pom-pom cowl. Great yarn.

ladyhawthorne said...

Now that's 2 fun projects! I would not call them ugg boots, they are way too cute.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, everyone, they were both fun to do.

Barbara C said...

Both projects are really cute!