September 17, 2013

Judy: Knitting but No Stitching

Six more times across those 793 stitches, and this shawl will be DONE!  I started it last summer during the Olympics and put it away when I got to the ruffle.  Sadly, I ran out of the blue-green yarn and will be finishing it with the beige.  The pattern is Sothia and the yarn is Berroco Vintage which I really like.

Another WIP that just resurfaced is this Brandywine shawl, a pattern designed by Romi to benefit the Japanese tsunami survivors.  Boy, it was tough figuring out where I'd left off, but the lifelines and my inclination to stop at the end of a pattern sequence came to the rescue. The yarn has a sparkly thread which is kind of fun.  (Both of these patterns are on Ravelry.)


Speaking of WIPs, my Guernsey shawl is languishing in a bag somewhere, and I am contemplating frogging it. Somehow, that pattern kind of leaves me cold.  Am I the only one who feels this way?  I hope to get back to my stitching needle soon.......  Have a good week!

16 comments:

cq4fun said...

Well, these two shawls don't leave me cold, that's for sure, or anyone who gets to wear them when they're finished. I have no idea what the Guernsey shawl is like, so I have no opinion. =) Very unusual for me. LOL

Debra Spincic said...

Yea, that Guernsey shawl was a definite bust for me. Frog it and move on.

Like your other shawls, however!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I could not get that going either although I loved the pattern.

Barbara C said...

I still like the Guernsey pattern, so I have hopes of finishing it some day. I really want to see your Sothia when you finish

Suztats said...

Love the colours of both shawls, but especially the brandywine. Those needles have been humming.

Judy S. said...

It is pretty but you really have to pay attention to not mess up the pattern. Ask me how I know.....

Judy S. said...

It's quite like the one you just finished, except for the ruffle and the small bit of lace between the ruffle and the main part. Have you seen the Color Affection shawl? It's quite interesting, too.

Judy S. said...

That sparkle is supposed to be silver....I don't even remember where I got it.

Judy S. said...

It isn't a relaxing knit, that's for sure.

Judy S. said...

Glad you approve!

Cyra said...

Lovely shawls. I haven't got a favourite one, I like them both.
I am just getting the hang of knitting with circular needles. I am amazed by all the new supplies I need to go shopping for now that I have learnt to knit.

Debra Spincic said...

Yea, I bet it's a hardship you'll have to bear courageously. :-)

ladyhawthorne said...

Both of these are beautiful....now you all have me wanting to knit a shawl too.

Judy S. said...

Oh definitely, you need lots of needles in order to have lots of UFO's/WIPS. LOL

Judy S. said...

Go for it! They are fun. No sleeves to sew in!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

And gauge is not critical.... ;-)