September 17, 2013

Debra: Afghan Finished!


 
Clearly a case of a picture not doing an item justice.  This is really a fabulous afghan!
 
Here's the swatch I am knitting of the Giant Basketweave Stitch---this is the pattern of 12 rows with 2 strands of wool yarn.  Super Easy.  With the swatch being such a nice width, I may just continue for a quick scarf.  I don't need a wool scarf but maybe someone will somewhere.
 
If you want the pattern, I can scan the page much better than I did last week.
 

 

11 comments:

Suztats said...

the swatch is really interesting, and Yay! on finishing the afghan- looks great!

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you Suz!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you finished just in time as the weather is definitely cooling off here in WA and your brother will be happy to have a beautiful and warm afghan! Glad you chose the basket weave pattern; it's a nice one.

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you! They are in the process of moving so hopefully they will get that done before the snow falls.

cq4fun said...

Love seeing the colors laid out in rows like that. Beautiful finish. I like the way the stitch works on the one you chose for the new project.

Cyra said...

Well done Debra, the afghan looks very cuddlesome (and if that isn't a real word then it should be).
Love that basket weave pattern. Will you be making an afghan with this stitch after the scarf?.

Debra Spincic said...

I'll probably be bored with the pattern by the time I am done! ha! ha!

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks, not sure about the light pink yarn mixed with the dark pink but I'll probably use it anyway.

ladyhawthorne said...

Its pink? It looks gold and cream to me, maybe my monitor is off.
Great work though! Love the completed afghan.

Debra Spincic said...

The couch is gold leather but the yarns are definitely pink.

Barbara C said...

Great finish. Your basket weave afghan will be nice and cuddley.