September 10, 2013

Deborah: The Lost Weekend

Sorry to say all my good intentions went down the tube when I a muscle in my neck or back (hard to tell from the pain which covered both parts of my anatomy) and spent Sunday, the day I had dedicated to stitching, on the couch, doped up on Alleve, getting high on Bengay and clutching a heating pad as close to the area as possible. I finally broke down and begged DH to get me some of those heating things that stick to your body because my right arm was beginning to ache from holding the heating pad in place. I had managed to sew some of these 5" blocks together Saturday evening and was optimistic about getting a top together on Sunday. I really hate it when these things happen on the weekend!

I haven't written this year off yet but I'm close. Next year I need a project and a definite, carved in stone goal.


9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Don't be slapping yourself too hard there just yet. Have you forgotten the recent applique wall hangings you just worked on? I bet with a good days work, you could have both ready for the hand quilting.

ladyhawthorne said...

Take care of yourself and be well soon.

Suztats said...

Hope you're feeling better, soon. Those pulls can be nasty.

Deborah McLaughlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah McLaughlin said...

Seems I deleted my own reply. I was going to say, that's one of the things I had started working on.

This year has flown by.

Debra, I hope your back is better.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. My neck is so much better. Amazing what a little heating pad and resting comfortably on the couch can do. I guess the old muscles just don't snap back like they used to.

Barbara C said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. It's frustrating not to be able to do the things we're looking forward to.

Judy S. said...

Good to hear you're feeling better. Muscle aches are no fun!

cq4fun said...

I hope you are feeling better now!