August 27, 2013

Judy-Where'd the Week Go?

Gosh, having a new baby in the family has certainly made the weeks zip by quickly!  We came home yesterday and fell into bed after spending most of the day with Stella and her mama. The past seven days went by without much stitching although I did unearth a couple of Stella-sewing projects that were begun a few eons ago in a smocking class.  She's my last chance for their ever being worn!  Didn't get a chance to photograph them though.  Then this morning  before doing some volunteer work first at church and then at the local hospital, we made our second trip to the frame shop with the birth sampler.  (The first time just as the piece was being measured I noticed TWO spots on it that came from who knows where, so it was back home to rewash it.) And now I just remembered it is Tuesday again. Yikes!  Haven't done too much knitting either. I'm working on a UFO shawl that now has over 600 stitches and takes for ever for one row, and I also ended up ripping out part of another project when I couldn't fix a mistake.  So there you go, this week is marching on.  Gotta go find my smocking book....... I'll try to do better next time.  Happy stitching or whatever!

6 comments:

Cyra said...

Babies are born to keep Granma's happy and busy. Carry on.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Judy S. said...

And we are very happy!!! And busy!

Barbara C said...

Enjoy the new baby and your busy life. :-)

Judy S. said...

Thanks! We definitely are cherishing this time!

LoriAngela said...

Congratulations. I will have to wait patiently for a grandbaby. Maybe I should start a sampler now. Love yours! It's just retro enough to be in style again.