August 6, 2013

Suz-Late Update

Sorry I'm posting late: DH and I went out on a date to the local library to get our new library cards and see just what the library here offers. We brought home several books each, and I think we'll be visiting quite regularly!
In amongst the unpacking and organizing and house repairs, I've been doing a wee bit of stitching. Yay!
CQJP:
My July block was finished late last week:
 a row of lace with french knots
 bullions
a double row of buttonhole lace on each side of a seam
 and a crazy, made-up stitch
resulted in this:





July is fini!















I began August with this naked block
 added a beautiful lace motif   (Thanks Debra!)

and a second layer of beautiful lace with 'pearls' to cover a fraying edge...... (Thanks Pat!)
added pink bullions on this pretty crocheted butterfly 'found' on a damaged doily. ( I 'see' more of these showing up on my blocks)

then pinned this trim in place
and my August block looks like this:

There's lots of places for fun stitching!

















Stitching continues on my wrapping cloth. I added a long row of interlaced bullions to the lace strip on the right.

























 Here's how piece # 7 is looking.
It needs blocking, and I just found my corkboard yesterday!

Hmmm, I wonder if I should add something to the lace strip on the left? It's looking a little 'plain jane', now.

I think I have just the thing...........


hope you have a happy week of creating.

Hugs from Suz

17 comments:

Cyra said...

July is lovely. August is going to be gorgeous too. Loving all the trims and stitching embellishing.

shirley said...

Just love all your seam treatments particularly the bullions.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy! It's so good to be stitching again!

Suztats said...

Thank you Shirley. I find I really like making bullions now.

Createology said...

Suz your stitchings are wonderful. July block is stunning and done. August is shaping right up and you will be so happy to stitch on it during breaks from unpacking. Your cloth is beautiful and each piece of lace and threaded stitching is amazing. Blissful and Happy Creative Hearts Dear...

ladyhawthorne said...

I sure love all those bullions! You're doing a great job.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful work, Suz! I especially like the "braided" bullions! Looks like you had fun with these.

Barbara C said...

Yes, the laced bullions are the best!

Debra Spincic said...

Every month you take handwork to the next level! Such pretty work!

Suztats said...

Thanks so much, Sherry. I really think I'm addicted to the CQJP blocks and the wrapping cloth stitching!
Hope you're having a wonderful week.

Hugs

Suztats said...

I love the bullions, too!

Suztats said...

I did, Judy, and I think they'll be showing up again and again...!

Suztats said...

;-D

Suztats said...

oh, thank you, Debra! I find it takes me to that flow, where time stand still.....at least until someone asks, "Hey, what's for dinner?" ..lol!

Debra Spincic said...

the dreaded question . . .

Carol-Ann said...

Your finished July block is a delight, loving those bullions and "made-up" stitch. August looks inviting!!

Suztats said...

Thanks Carol-Ann! I haven't made much progress this week, but maybe I'll get in some stitching tonight.

Hugs