August 13, 2013

Suz-CQJP and WIP

Hi everyone. I hope you're having pleasant days and lots of sunshine.
As things settle down a little, and organizing shows some progress, I've felt relaxed enough to stitch regularly (hmmm, or could it be I'm hiding from the organizing behind my needle and thread? nah!) lol    Actually, this week I've been doing some exterior priming and painting......
August Block
 variegated pink thread created some accents on the crocheted butterfly
then added some V's


 playing with the idea of pink flowers....
here's August so far


I like the delicate subdued feeling of this block.......
















WIP
I completed piece #7 for my 'wrapping cloth' with a border of braid, knotted at intervals,
 using 6 threads of Coat's Opera, size 5.
It feels more balanced, now.
piece #8 all pinned and ready for tacking! It's ~ 8"x 15" but will end up a bit smaller. I like all the layers of lace allowing my wild fabric to peek through.......and I'm looking forward to more titivating!





I hope you've had a week of fun creating, too.


Thanks. Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

That's a pretty lace medallion in piece 7. I like the crocheted butterfly too. Such lovely work Suz!

ladyhawthorne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Debra on the medallion.

Suztats said...

It is a pretty medallion, Debra. Gee, wonder where it came from......snort!

Suztats said...

Thanks Angela.

Cyra said...

Your words to describe your August block is spot on....delicate and subdued.... love it.
Pretty progress on the wrapping cloth Suz.

Debra Spincic said...

Oh really? Dang.

cq4fun said...

I like the embellishments of the August block, especially that pink flower. What is that stitch that makes it? I can't tell. The butterfly is especially cool.

Suztats said...

That's a cast-on stitch done in a circle with a french knot center. It really stands out in the rayon thread, doesn't it?

Suztats said...

Thanks, Cy.

Judy S. said...

What a pretty block! I love the butterfly especially and all the other wonderful embellishments. Your wrapping cloth is awesome! Sounds like you're settling in if you're painting and priming!