August 20, 2013

Suz- August and September, Wrapping Cloth Forever?

Hope you've all had a great week. I've finished my August Block ahead of schedule. whew!


cast-on stitch edging
french knots

and with a simple seam treatment, August is complete


in no particular order, the first 8 months

I like seeing the harmony
of all the blocks
the theme of  Lace & Roses, the soft palette



September has a dark rose center which may need a bit of softening....
Wrapping Cloth piece #7 has been completed
Piece # 8 naked





















 bullion edging
layers and rows of buttonhole lace
bullion scallops
with the above additions, the top section of piece # 8 is progressing

there's lots more planned for this piece, but I'm not sure how much progress I'll be making on my wrapping cloth or my CQJP blocks.

In 2 days our daughter and granddaughter arrive from Australia for a 6 week visit. I expect I shall be very busy playing in the garden and having fairy tea parties. How wonderful! I am so excited to see my beautiful  daughter and my DGD again!
So, if in  the coming weeks, you find I've disappeared, you know it's because I'm playing dress-up in the Secret Garden, reading fairy tales, and having squiggly hugs!
Best wishes to you all, and be good until I return.
Happy stitching.

13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Sneak in a squiggly hug or two for me; some of us don't have the pleasure of grandkids!

You really have this bullion business down. Do you stitch them in your sleep?

Cyra said...

Oh so gorgeous. Love the August block. Thank you for the pic of the 8 blocks together, it's nice to see the overall effect.
Wrapping cloth #7 is gorgeous too, and have you really started on #8, wow, what a trooper.
Enjoy the fairy tales and hugs galore. Six weeks of fantasy and treats, you lucky fairy Queen.

Judy S. said...

Thanks so much for including all 8 blocks; I love seeing the whole thing. Your wrapping cloth is wonderful also. Have a fabulous visit with your little GD. I'll bet she's changed a whole lot!

ladyhawthorne said...

All those blocks are fabulous and the wrapping cloth is so cool. I agree with Debra about the bullions, they are perfect!

Barbara C said...

It sounds like you have a fun family visit planned. Enjoy your daughter and granddaughter. Love your bullion stitches.

cq4fun said...

I love your cast on edging, but all the seams are so beautiful. Thanks for the photo of everything together. This is such a pretty grouping, and so much more in line with what I would enjoy doing, though I'm getting more involved in my challenge as the year goes on. =)

Suztats said...

Yes......well, it seems like it....lol

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy! One more day until Jewel arrives!

Suztats said...

She's gotten quite tall for not yet two, and I'm looking forward t o seeing all the changes. She loves to paint. (chip off the ol' block.....teehee)

Suztats said...

Practice makes perfect, but I still have problems getting them all the same circumference all along the length. More practice for me......

Suztats said...

Thanks Barbara. Can't wait! One more sleep.....!

Suztats said...

Thank you. I must admit that I really like the cast-on stitch......it's one of my faves.

Debra Spincic said...

I knew it!