August 20, 2013

Only 42 Years Late!

Finished except for framing!


For those of you feeling guilty about being behind, take heart!  This piece was only 42 years in the making.  I bought the kit in 1971 to make for our daughter Catherine.  Somehow in the chaos of two kids and then three, it was put aside only to resurface this year.  (This is one on Julie Nixon Eisenhower's designs from the years she did embroidery.  I found an article in the Milwaukee Sentinel from 1976 where this birth sampler was mentioned!) As you know, Catherine's daughter, Stella, arrived exactly one week ago.  I hope they'll like it!


It took a while, but Opa finally caught her with her eyes open!

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

One of the cutest baby samplers I've seen. Baby Stella is a cutie too.

Good going Judy! Proud of you for sticking with the sampler. Looks like the mushroom steamed out.

Debra Spincic said...

Oh and ha! Ha! Oma, slow as a turtle. The irony was not lost on me . . . :-))

Cyra said...

She is adorable Judy. Sure to break a few hearts later on.
I'm so pleased you managed to finish the sampler (at last, lol).
10/10 for perseverance.

Judy S. said...

Hmmmmmm........ Maybe you're right?!

Judy S. said...

Better late than never, eh?

ladyhawthorne said...

It is lovely and what a great story about its making. Make sure to write that down and put it on the back of the frame. Stella will love it as she grows up.

Barbara C said...

I love it that your project has such history. It'll be a nice story to tell. Cute baby, your wealth in grandchildren is admirable.

Suztats said...

Stella is a cutie-pie! Congrats on finishing the sampler--it looks great and is sure to be admired and enjoyed.

cq4fun said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on the finish. She will love it. 42 years is nothing. LOL

Judy S. said...

We definitely feel blessed!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Suz!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan. You're right, I can barely remember being 42.....

Deborah McLaughlin said...

42? I as 41 when my youngest was born. A mere child! :-) Adorable baby! I love the embroidery, too. I agree, be sure she knows the history of tha tpiece.

Judy S. said...

Thanks! Actually Catherine is still 41....until the end of December.