August 13, 2013

Debra: Afghan Knitting

It's all about knitting for my check-in this week. Now that I have the error corrected (2 extra cast-on stitches) on the previous attempt, I am in full knitting mode on this afghan. I absolutely love this faux cable look.

I am knitting with the turquoise as the base yarn and adding the 2nd yarn for the accent stripes.  It's a great way to work through my mom's wool yarn stash.
I am knitting a Knit section on the ends of the afghan so I have a border.  When I decide I have the length I want, I won't have any blocks or borders to add.  I like this idea very much!
This is about 50" wide and I'll probably knit until I have about 60" or so in length. 

 



11 comments:

cq4fun said...

Not being a knitter, I think that all sounds very complicated, but I love the effect you're getting. It's grown a lot since I saw it on your blog!

Debra Spincic said...

I know everyone says it but once you get the hang of the pattern, it's pretty easy.

ladyhawthorne said...

Great idea to use the same base color, that makes all the colors flow so easily!

Suztats said...

This looks great, Debra! I like the border, too.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Love the colors, too, and the pattern.

Cyra said...

That sounds like a great pattern Debra, love the idea of not having any joins or having to add a border at the end. I really must learn to knit, I have the needles now, just waiting for the time.

Debra Spincic said...

I plan to only use "hot" colors (reds, pinks, etc) with the turquoise.

I made up the pattern from my book of 365 Stitches. I can share it with you. Just let me know.

Debra Spincic said...

I really am not a knitter in the sense that I have to be knitting all the time & I only know what I have to know for a project. I will say that this is a slamdunk as long as you can count.

I can share the instructions with you too.

Debra Spincic said...

I like the idea of being done when I get the length I want.

Debra Spincic said...

Yes, and it equalizes some of the yarns that may not be quite the same diameter.

Judy S. said...

Nice work, Debra. I can hear those needles clicking away.......