August 13, 2013

Deborah:


Here's a wonky picture of the quilt top I'm sending off to Debra. It's made of leftover blocks from my niece's quilt I made for her baby shower. I think this top may be bigger than the one I made for her. Some of the blocks were just a little off, maybe the seam allowance was not quite right, or they just didn't fit in. So I'm glad I was able to put them together for another little girl to enjoy.

Still working on the jacket, and I made two wash cloths, one knitted and one crocheted this week, so something finally clicked. 




11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

That's a great top, Deborah. I have a little girl and her dad for September so that will be good to finish for her. Thanks!

Suztats said...

The needles have been flying! Nice wash cloths, and I'm sure the quilt will be loved.

cq4fun said...

Some little girl will LOVE the quilt! So nice of you and Debra to cooperate on this one.

ladyhawthorne said...

Wonderful work you have accomplished this week.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Just had to go with what I had but I think it turned out fine.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

It's pretty big, I forget the exact size but it should be good until she's pretty big.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

My daughters & I love the crocheted & knitted wash cloths, and I love to make them because I often actually finish them. :-)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks, I really enjoyed making the quilt top knowing it would go to another little girl.

Cyra said...

Lovely to see you had a creative week Deborah. Great work of the girl quilt. It's a lovely use for those left-over blocks and will definitely make someone happy.
Nice idea for the wash cloths too. I love quick and easy projects like that, lol. Makes me happy when I can actually start and finish a project in one or two days.

Suztats said...

I've made a few myself, and use them all the time. They work well.

Judy S. said...

You've sure had a busy week, Deborah! I love the quilt. Great colors!