August 21, 2013

Deborah - UFOs

I spent a few days digging around in my UFOs and found these Peter Rabbit panels I must have bought in the 1970s. I remember the shop in Atlanta where I found them. It was a high end fabric store with quilting supplies and calicoes in the basement. So they've been stashed away for  years. I could never come up with a good plan. Now I'm working them into another quilt for Baby Caroline. I hope Emily doesn't mind. I also dug out my old Children's Corner sewing patterns and can't wait to get started sewing for a little girl again.


Unedited photo of my sewing table.

Otherwise, I'm not much inspired these days. I don't know if retirement would help that or hinder it, and I won't be finding out for a few more years.


13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I hope you are sending the quilt to me to quilt so I can see those prints up close. I love those vintage prints.

cq4fun said...

The quilt is going to be lovely, and who could mind having another quilt? Sewing for a little girl - never did much that. Sewed a lot for two little boys at one point, though. Fine with me not to do it again.

ladyhawthorne said...

I love vintage prints, so much prettier than the current ones with their harsh colors.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Debra I'd love to. These had to wait a long time for their 15 minutes of fame!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I loved sewing for the girls. I'm glad I saved all the old patterns, Children's Corner, etc. Very old fashioned. I'm glad my niece doesn't mind girly stuff.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I do too, and these are really old fashioned. I just love them.

Debra Spincic said...

Sure, works for me!

Judy S. said...

Fun! I'm looking forward to some little girl sewing also. Just been digging in the UFOs and found a few more projects. (good intentions?)

Barbara C said...

This looks like a great print, I'd love to see more of it. Peter Rabbit is one of my favorites.

Suztats said...

Peter Rabbit takes me back to when I had littles of my own......such a long time ago. I hope to sew something special for Jewel while she's here visiting.
The vintage prints are so appealing!

Debra Spincic said...

Suz,
You never told us how the pillow was received you made for Jewel.

Cyra said...

A lovely print panel Deborah. Who doesn't adore Peter Rabbit?
I used to love sewing little girlie dresses etc. & I made shorts for my baby boys. I was most proud of the white Christening suit that I made for my first son nearly 30 years ago.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I will post a better pic today.