August 7, 2013

Deborah: Still Sewing on That Jacket

No excuses, just lazy and disorganized last week. I kept switching projects: a little sewing, a little knitting, a little crocheting. Rearranging quilt blocks, dragging out fabric. Nothing clicked and nothing held my interest for very long.

Notice I had to piece the front facing. It won't show; I didn't have quite enough fabric so I improvised. I have the lining basted to the jacket & sleeves.  I worked at trying to "match" that crazy print but (a) not enough fabric and (b) it really just didn't work. I think it'll be okay.

My daughter and I are planning a weekend in the mountains later this month. Maybe that will clear the cobwebs.



7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I know, for me, if I don't stay focused, I begin to feel like I haven't accomplished much.

I know you will enjoy your jacket once the temps drop so maybe you can get it done and be ready. It's lovely--would be dramatic with a red skirt!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Yeah, me too. Then all of a sudden, the weekend is gone.

Cyra said...

Yep, I know those weeks. I'm sure your head will clear after your trip to the mountains. That lovely fresh mountain air and scenery is enough to clear any fuzzy head.
Jacket is moving along nicely. Good job with the piecing.

Judy S. said...

That jacket will be fun to wear! Nice work!

Suztats said...

The jacket looks wonderful! Hope you have a great time in the mountains.

Jeanne said...

That schedule sounds like most of my days lately, too. LOL The jacket is looking good.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks ya'll. I am liking it more than when I started.