August 13, 2013

Angela ~ One Finished New Pin/Pendant

Here's the newest group of saints after soldering.
The one at center bottom is actually finished as far as the pin/pendant part goes.
I tried out several types of beads and the faux pearls with the filigree gold plated beads seemed the prettiest to me.  It was quite fiddly but the size of the beads worked out perfectly.  
Here you can see my new method of making it a pin with the option of wearing it as a necklace if you run a small chain through the silver bead at the top. 

This pin/pendant will be going in a shrine box as the centerpiece.  So it will be a decor item as well as a wearable piece of art.

I'm pretty excited at how the new pieces are turning out.  Unfortunately the photos don't show the shadowbox effect that some have.  I need to work on the photography more.


10 comments:

cq4fun said...

Angela, such a nice bevy of Saints! I don't think I ever told you, but my friend absolutely loved the Virgin of Guadalupe necklace you made for me. She was so thrilled with it.

Debra Spincic said...

The bead edging really steps your charms up a few levels. So pretty!

ladyhawthorne said...

You did and I am so glad it found a good home!

ladyhawthorne said...

I'll be playing with more of this kind of thing, after I get the shrine done for this one.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Very nice!

Suztats said...

I like the beads framing your saints. It makes a nice setting.

Cyra said...

You are so creative Angela. Love these new designs. I like how there is more than one way to wear them too.

ladyhawthorne said...

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun.

ladyhawthorne said...

Thanks so much!

Judy S. said...

Beautiful work, Angela. They are all so pretty!