July 2, 2013

Slow But Sure Progress Along with a Fun Distraction ~~~


It seems like I worked quite a bit on this during the week but I'm not sure anyone would notice.  Teddy's one arm is done, and all those french knots took a while.  Sure am glad he's no bigger as his whole body is done with them! The baby's name and birth date goes on the mushroom. I am slowly working my way around it.  The top part will have 4 rows of chain stitch and also consumes time.  Six weeks and counting!




 This nice diversion occupied some of my knitting time.  In this photo I was part way done with Chart A but am finished with that now.  My yarn is Madeline Tosh light (from the stash!) in the color Fragrant. I marked the right side with a safety pin and am also checking off the rows on the chart.  I also wrote the symbols on the chart so I wouldn't have to keep flipping back and forth between pages.  The yellow yarn is the provisional cast on, the first time I'd ever used one.  I guess it comes out in the end when you sew those stitches together to complete the edge.  It will be fun to see what the rest of you are doing with these new endeavors!  Happy stitching/knitting!

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

The shawl may be above my skill level. I had a heck of a time the first go around. I may look at it again, don't know yet. Yours looks good.

The sampler looks like you are making progress--I can tell!

Judy S. said...

It really isn't too bad; for me the hard part was reading the chart and keeping track of what the symbol meant on each row. That's why I wrote a key on the chart page. I also kept mixing up the front and back, thus the safety pin.

Oh, and I am SO glad you can tell my progress on the sampler!!!

cq4fun said...

I LOVE this week's photo of your embroidery. It seems to be coming together in a way I can really appreciate now. Beautiful! The knit piece reminds me of all the things I see being knitted for Camp Loopy.

ladyhawthorne said...

I can tell you've done a lot on the embroidered piece and it looks fabulous! Pretty color for your shawl, it will a knockout.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan!It's going to be good to finish this sampler after all this time!

Judy S. said...

You can see the pattern better on Barbara's plain color though.

Debra Spincic said...

My mom did a plain and a variegated swatch and we both liked the variegated one better. The overall color strikes you and then you can look closer for the stitches.

Suztats said...

I like your shawl yarn. And your sampler's coming along so well. It's a delightful design.

Judy S. said...

Thanks! The sampler has been fun to stitch even if it's a bit of slow going.

Judy S. said...

One of my knitting friends said the design will show up better when it's blocked. We'll see.

Cyra said...

Your embroidery is so cheerful. Love the bright colours.
Shawl is looking great so far. It's a lovely yarn. Looks rather difficult to me....but I am a non-knitter who shies away from that particular craft. I once had a 98 yr old lady try to teach me how to knit. It was a laugh but I still cant knit.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Cy. If you didn't live so far away, I'd have you over and give it a go. I'm not 98 though, at least not yet! ;>) Then you could show me how you do your perfect looking single crochet!