July 23, 2013

Distractions~

My bad! Not much stitching happened this past week, but there is a reason.  We spent most of the week on "baby watch".  DD is still having contractions that aren't particularly productive.  Have you ever tried to stitch with an 18 month old running around?


Since the shawl is in Time Ou,t and I found  this cute sweater patter on Ravely called Tea Leaves, I just couldn't resist.  It's top down and mostly stockinette stitch. Plus I had 2 perfect buttons in my stash. It might even get finished before baby arrives.


And then there was this one, Point Reyes Mitts.  It's very fun and makes generous use of twisted stitch which slows me down.  I am, however, halfway done sewing Max's sweater together...... It's looking good and should fit him for a while.  Hoping to stitch a bit more this week!

6 comments:

Cyra said...

Good distractions though, lol.
The tea leaves top is going to be gorgeous when finished. How is your patience holding up? I can't wait any longer knowing those contractions are present, so goodness knows how you and your family must be feeling, lol.

Debra Spincic said...

You are a knitting whiz!~

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty pretty, especially those mitts!

Judy S. said...

Thanks! Still no baby.......

Suztats said...

Such pretty distractions! I especially like the Point Reyes Mitts pattern.

Barbara C said...

You got a lot accomplished while being busy. I hope the baby arrives soon.