July 23, 2013

Debra: Drowning in Projects

I have stacks everywhere waiting for my attention! 

Today I pulled out UFOs to see what needed to be finished by a particular deadline.  Not much could be used for upcoming charitable offerings, except the Christmas items.  They will need to be shipped by Sept 1st to be of any use for the dog rescue auction.  I was thrilled that the simple quilt I sent earlier in the summer brought in $490 for them!

I'm sure you remember these blocks!
 
I have enough for a few sets of pillows and a wallhanging. 

Before leaving for DC, I committed to making 5 small lap-sized quilts for survivors of the AZ firefighters who recently died. 
Today I am trying to decide what to make.  All of the tops in my inventory are too big.  So, I may just sew multi-width strips into  "lasagna" style quilts that I can sew and quilt at the same time on the longarm. 

Then I agreed to help my mom knit some winter wool afghans for my brother and his family.  We think we can get them done by Christmas.  It amounts to 3 a piece.  Hope springs Eternal!


And the big news---Angela and I are going to combine creative forces in her company, Saintly Images.  She currently has an etsy store where she sells jewelry and other items.  I will be adding some of my small Madonna and Day of the Dead items.  We also plan to jury for some small art/craft shows for the fall/winter season.  I think it will be a great collaboration for both of us.  Wish us Luck!

 
So, yep, lots on my plate for August!

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I'll bet you have always been a an overachiever! You can do it!

Debra Spincic said...

Ten minutes about 5 years ago, I relaxed.

Cyra said...

Definitely exciting times ahead Debra. Good luck on your new venture with Angela, I look forward to seeing what you create.
It was good to see your Christmas themed projects again. And, yes, I still love those motifs.
Just where do you think you will find the time to knit those jumpers? Do you have access to a clock that actually winds back time (like Hermione in one of the Harry Potter films)?

Debra Spincic said...

I know. Right.

Judy S. said...

You do have a lot on your plate! But then you are super productive! Fun for you and Angela to combine forces; I bet you do very well!

Suztats said...

Exciting times ahead working with Angela. Wishing you both the best of luck!
Lots of wonderful projects, Debra. Do you sleep? lol

Debra Spincic said...

Yes, full nights. It's the computer that takes me away from non-stop projects; but, that's good too. Otherwise, I'd be dull!

Debra Spincic said...

We hope.

Barbara C said...

In some ways, this looks like your normal pace of production. I like to reserve my knitting for the evenings when I don't want to be bent over a machine. If you use a big enough needle, those afghans shouldn't be too time-consuming. (Easy for me to say, right?)

Debra Spincic said...

I was feeling a bit of a panic until I sorted everything out. Now, I think I can accomplish what is needed by the deadlines.