July 9, 2013

Deborah: Sewing

I
In spite of being off Friday, I didn't get much sewing done. I worked in the yard Saturday, in the rain; but did get this very comfortable skirt finished. The fabric is very soft. I've wanted one of these skirts for a long time. Took about an hour to make; all done on the serger.

Lots of time - way too much in fact - spent on Pinterest getting ideas for  all those charm squares I've been cutting out.

Everyone has been so productive. I really need to get on the stick and get productive.

p.s. sorry to post late yet again. I ran out so fast this morning, I forgot what day it was --- yet again.





7 comments:

cq4fun said...

Very nice skirt, Deborah! Classic and classy.

ladyhawthorne said...

I know what you mean about pinterest! I was not as productive as I should have been over a 4 day weekend either, so don't feel bad about it. Sometimes we just need a break.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I am almost more productive when I have less time. I manage my time better. I was scheduled to have a vacation day on Monday but I changed my time - I figured I'd just waste it so I went back to work. I have a lot of garment sewing I need to do but I can't seem to get into the groove. I did get a project completed in the back yard that's been nagging at me - I made a border around a big azalea bush and filled it with pea gravel - it took 16 bags. That stuff is heavy. Then I moved 8 bags of mulch. My back & legs were talking to me the next day.

Barbara C said...

That's a very classy looking skirt. Beautiful job!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

It's so easy to make - 3 pieces, all done on the serger.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks!

Cyra said...

Very nice skirt Deborah. It's a long time since I've made a garment of any kind. You have been very productive in the garden and after all that work it sounds like you have earned yourself some ME time to celebrate.