July 23, 2013

Deborah: Applique UFO - Top Completed

First, look at this awesome Jones New York jacket DD#2 got at Goodwill for $6.00.  She thinks she looks awful in that photo. On my best days I did not look that good, ever.

The UFO applique top is done! YAY! Now I can move on. There are a couple of wonky flowers but, whatever. I'm just glad I got all of them pointing in the same direction. Now on to the hand quilting.

Knitting progress:





We won't discuss that.
But I have made progress in the back yard. Planted six azaleas and put down about 20 of those scalloped concrete edgings along the back side of the deck. We've had so much rain that the ground is very soft & I can actually dig out there. Usually this time of year it's baked. I have more plans while the weather is this mild. We've put this off way too long, and doing small projects one at a time makes it seem not so overwhelming.

14 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Your quilt top looks fabulous and nothing looks wonky to me. Pretty daughter too!

Suztats said...

Beautiful applique! It looks wonderful.

Debra Spincic said...

Both of your daughters are beautiful so tell them to knock it off with the ugly!

Look at your applique! What a pretty piece. The border turned out really well & very interesting too. It's going to look great with hand quilting.

Judy S. said...

Nice work! Sounds like you had a very productive week. Love the DD photo!

Jeanne said...

The jacket was a great find! She looks beautiful. Your applique piece is very pretty, also. The flowers look perfect!

Cyra said...

Love that jacket, a great find.
Tried as hard as I could, but I could not find any 'wonky' flowers, lol. They all look good to me.
Great achievement on your back yard too. A very productive week.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Also, friends, I have a post on our library's blog so if you have a minute, stop by there and give me some feedback! You may not like my choice of reading material, LOL.

http://www.cobbcat.org/blog/?p=3621

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I can't believe I actually finished this.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Both my daughters are pros at Goodwill hunting (HA HA). One gets all her jeans there. I raised them right!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

On a couple of places, the leaves are a little off. The perfectionist in me (and I don't consider that a good thing) is twitchy about things like that but I'm moving on.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Debra Spincic said...

I've learned to move on too; some things are better finished than perfect.

Barbara C said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I really love the movement of the leaves in the border. Your daughter has great taste and style, she wears that jacket with panache.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks!!