July 23, 2013

Cy ~ Hexagon Quilt & Crochet Along

Hexagon Quilt

The week before last I was making more hexagons to add to my hexagon quilt. This seems to be a favourite with one of my boys but it was meant to be for my bed in our new home. We'll have to wait till it's finished and fight it out then, lol.

Here are the hexagons I did last this week


And here they are added to the hexagons I did last month.


I still have rather a lot more hexagons to put together yet. This is the pile waiting to be done.



Crochet Along

I have run out of the pastel coloured yarns for the crochet along squares I was doing. So until I can manage a visit to the yarn shop I have started a new project with the crochet cottons that I have in abundance here. If I were to crochet for 12 hours a day every day I probably wouldn't run out of crochet cotton until about the year 2050.

 You will notice I am back to Free Form mode again with this. It's going to be a freeform bolero/waistcoat type of thing. If you can see inside my head you will see the picture of it. hahaha.

So this is what I have created this week. 

Coffee and Cream Bolero.



That's me done for this week. 
Wayhay...... back to the freeform crocheting and the hexagon quilting. 

If you are wondering what is happening with our proposed land purchase for our dream home I have a little bit more about it on my blog here 

Oh, by the way, just thought you might like to see what else I have done this week purely for pleasure.

Picking oranges from our orchard to add thick slices to my glass of Southern Comfort.



Bliss
(that bottle is now almost empty)

It has been a fantastic week.

Happy Stitching

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Not sure which I love more-the hexagons or the crochet. I love that style of freeform crochet. I have an instruction book whose pages have long yellowed; that's how quickly I jumped on that idea.

Cyra said...

You have to 'mull' things over Debra. Think about it for another 5 years or more and then you might be ready to open that book and create something, lol.

Debra Spincic said...

It's a handwork issue. I can only do so much handwork.

Your piece is really pretty. Really pretty.

ladyhawthorne said...

No more hexagons for me but your are beautiful! As is the crochet, I think I can picture that bolero.

Judy S. said...

Love those hexies, and the bolero. Wonderful colors on that, too!

Cyra said...

I thought I'd had enough of doing hexagons from my early quilting career, but when I designed this quilt I knew I was ready for the challenge of traditional hexagons with a contemporary twist. What I haven't shown you all yet are the 'feature' hexagons that I made at the very start.

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy. It is good to have at least one project in neutral tones. Coffee and Cream colours will go with most outfits I think and will make this more saleable (I hope).

Suztats said...

Love the coffee and cream bolero! So cute! I applaud your hexies.
Ummm, make mine an amaretto with lime, please. lol

Debra Spincic said...

Well, don't be holding out on us, Cy!

Debra Spincic said...

Sold! (Let's talk.)

Barbara C said...

Both projects are beautiful! The quilt is lovely and tailored, and your crochet project is dreamy. The free-form crochet would also make a beautiful stole.

Cyra said...

:)

Cyra said...

Thanks Suz. Sorry I haven't got a lime tree. Good idea though.

Cyra said...

Thank you Barbara. A stole or shawl will probably be next on my freeform list lol.