July 2, 2013

Angela ~ A Visit to My Childhood

For whatever reason I just could not get into stitching on St John this past week.  Maybe it was the heat and humidity, sounds plausible to me.  I did a little but not enough to even bother taking a photo of it.
However, I did do something crafty.
I found one of those old metal looms, like I had when I was a kid, and 2 bags of loops at a thrift store.  So I made potholders!  Just like the ones I made as a child.  I just love them, bright and cheery and homemade.

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Fond memories of those potholders. I've been known to buy them at the thrift store.

When I taught home ec we made our own looms and then wove abstract pieces but the process was based on these little potholders!

Judy S. said...

Fun! I love the cheery colors, and how great to have something you can use in your kitchen using thrifted stuff.

cq4fun said...

LOVE your potholders! I did those, too, and feel sorry for any little girls today who don't get that feeling of accomplishment from making something useful for mom. =) I would have bought that if I'd found it. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Need me to make you a couple?

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty much my whole house is thrifted or was given to me. Only a few appliances were bought new and the curtains in my main room were bought new at Family Dollar & on Ebay. I make those pennies squeal most days.

ladyhawthorne said...

I think my Mom had a rotating supply of them.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks, I'm good. Found some "new" potholders recently at the thrift store. (Along with some new linen towels)

Cyra said...

Ha. What a great find. Fun things certainly brighten up any home, and it's lovely to see another craft on here to inspire and excite our 'crafting-bug'.

Suztats said...

Those potholders certainly are cheery! My Mom used to make potholders, too, years ago when I was younger. It's wonderful to create something bright and fun AND functional for the home. Yay!