June 4, 2013

Suz- June Beginnings

Hey, Happy June!
I completed my May block:
 I like having the 'silkie' framed by the seam treatments
 a few green beads add a bit of bling
and a pale  green vine climbs around the fabric trellis
June has begun with a few trims pinned in place

This block has lots of pink
















 Piece #5 of my wrapping cloth- naked


 I tucked some 'wild fabric' strips beneath the open work areas of the hankie to show the delicate threads, then added french knots to secure them



then I added a 'skirt' of buttonhole lace
this broderie anglais is a small piece of a treasure found in the second-hand shop











 buttonhole lace on lace edging added to a pocket
more buttonhole lace 
and the corner of piece #5 looks like this











I hope to have time for more stitching next week.
Happy stitching!
Hugs from Suz

 

5 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Even without any stitching, your whitecloth is pretty!

May's block really turned out well.

Barbara C said...

You have so many lovely details in your blocks, and the silkie and printed fabric give you a nice color palette to work with.

ladyhawthorne said...

You have a good start on June's block and your wrapping #5 is looking great too. I like that buttonhole lace.

cq4fun said...

Your block looks great, and I'm so in love with the vine you did around the trellis fabric!

Cyra said...

Good on you Suz for getting so much done. Your new cq block is looking so good, just ripe for lots of lovely stitching to come.
And of course I love, love, love the wrapping cloth #5. I have still to start on my white-work piece.