June 11, 2013

Cy - Chance Project & Retirement Plans

Well, it seems like it's been absolutely ages since I've posted, but it has only been about two weeks.

Things are getting a bit frantic here as we explore all the options available to us in doing a 'new build' home in the Central Hawkes Bay area (with a view of the Ruahine Mountain Range).

We spent most of last week there again. It's about a six hour journey to get there, so we try to get as much as possible sorted while we are there.

Bare block site visits take priority, as we need to get the land in our possession first, but we also need to know what prices everything else will be so that we can get everything we want on our block and within our budget.

The bare block, or blocks, we are looking at don't even have a formed road, so that is an extra cost that we weren't originally budgeting for, and then we need water tanks etc. and there is some buried waste that we have to get a bio survey done for. It all adds extra $$$.
The site itself is gorgeous, and I would really like to live there.

So, you will, I hope, forgive me for not getting much stitching done at the moment.

I would upload some photos of my latest Chance Stitching Project, but, with all the trips comings and goings I have mislaid the cable that connects my camera to my computer. Sorry about that. If I find the cable soon I will post the photos, if not, I'll have to think of another way to get photos on here.

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

A serious undertaking on all levels--post when you can.

Suztats said...

it's a lot of information to digest, and a pile of decisions to be made. Running the roads can be stressful too, so make sure you get lots of rest.....

ladyhawthorne said...

Sounds exciting!

Judy S. said...

Sounds very exciting! And just a tad stressful. Isn't it amazing how crazy life gets at times? Enjoy the journey!

Barbara C said...

Cy, your new house project sounds challenging, but how nice to be able to choose such a special location.

desertskyquilts said...

Both a challenge and great excitement in your life right now. There's only so much time. I'll look forward to seeing what all this leads to.