June 18, 2013

Barbara's Granny Square Scarf


The Granny Square scarf grows by the day.  I'm thinking that when I have all the motifs joined, I'll add a crocheted edging all the way around--maybe one with picots.


 I've thrown a few more yarns into the mix.  These are odd balls from my stash. 


Since I make these motifs while sitting in my living room, I needed to tame all the yarns and the motifs.  While in Tuesday Morning, I found this large fake book. 


Everything fits neatly inside when I'm not working on it.  The blocks even stack up neatly and stay in order.  Sometimes I just like to open the box and admire the colors.

5 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I bought one of those boxes (different design) and use it for my embroidery floss for the current project. It is intoxicating to open the box and see the colors!

Cyra said...

Gorgeous scarf Barbara. Love the different sizes of squares. It's very pleasing to the eye. Lovely book box for your treasures.

Suztats said...

I need some of those boxes! It certainly keeps everything neatly contained. I think I'd be taking peeks of your granny squares, too, to enjoy the colours. This is going to be one happy scarf!

cq4fun said...

I like your box, and you made me smile when you said, "Sometimes I just like to open the box and admire the colors." I do that, too, with fabrics and threads and ribbons. The scarf is coming along quickly. I loved seeing it spread out that way, the way it will look later.

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice box! I am a boxoholic, I have boxes everywhere in all sizes but mostly tiny ones. Your squares are gorgeous, I love the riot of color!