June 25, 2013

Angela ~ A little bit of stitching

I finally got started on a little bit of stitching on St John's robes. 
Here's a shot of this area before I started so you can see I really did do something.
With needlepainting it's rather like a paint by number image.  You normally start with the darkest color in your range of at least 3 colors.  Using a sort of long and short stitch, but without regulation, you work from dark to light in colors.  I find it helpful to sketch outlines of general areas to keep me on track.  I really enjoy the freedom of needlepainting but you have to always keep an eye on the big picture.

I've posted a short note about St John on my blog if you want to read it.

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

The moral of the story: Keep an eye on the Big Picture. So true!

Suztats said...

Your blues are such rich tones, and look beautiful. That's a lot of 'little bit of stitching'!

cq4fun said...

I'm not good at the big picture! =) But you definitely are. I like the way your stitching blends the edges of the blues.

Cyra said...

Lovely work Angela. Your "little bit" of stitching is a good "little bit". I like following your progress on these big pictures. It's like watching an artist painting a masterpiece.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Beautiful stitching. Perfect.

Judy S. said...

This is going to be so beautiful! That kind of stitching is really time consuming, isn't it?

ladyhawthorne said...

It is time consuming but I was feeling really bad I only had this much done, only 2 evenings of stitching. I've got a lot of irons in the fire and other stuff has to come first right now.

ladyhawthorne said...

Far from perfect but I'm pleased with it. It's hard sometimes picking up where you left off after so many years.

Barbara C said...

This stitching looks very relaxing and free-flowing, though I understand why you have to constantly check the overall effect.