May 14, 2013

Suz- WIPs Update

I've added a tatted single frill seam treatment in a variegated pink Watercolours thread and a small beaded row to my May block:



I like how the rose 'silky' has been framed.


There are just a few short seams left, and I'm thinking of adding some climbing roses to the trellis fabric......













Work on piece #4 of my wrapping cloth continues:
I added more x-stitching, another multi-row tatted frilled edging, more buttonhole lace, and a pleated skirt in the wild fabric to cover a blank bit under the frill


then I covered the buttonhole stitching with a beaded cascade of  Josephine knot flowers
I added buttonhole stitch to my flat knot, and created three little puffy dangles wearing buttonhole lace trim.




















so far, piece #4

There's lots more embellishing to be added to this piece. What fun!

I hope you've had fun this week, too!
Thanks.
Hugs from Suz


9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I can see how the new class is influencing your May block! Interesting how that happens! very pretty.

cq4fun said...

I love the idea of the climbing roses. I, too, was thinking your cq is being influenced by your wrapping work. Those little dangling pillows are very cute!

Judy S. said...

Nice! You sure are having fun with your wrapping cloth project. I love the touches of color. It adds so much.

Suztats said...

I think you're right, Debra. Funny how that happens, eh? Thanks.

Suztats said...

Thanks, I'll have to try and keep them subtle, I think, so they don't compete with the 'silkie'.

Suztats said...

So true, Judy! It's like an obsession--but a good one! lol I think the colours peeking through are one of my favourite parts.

ladyhawthorne said...

I just love the chocolate milkshake color of those lace pieces, they go so well with your block. The roses up the trellis is a great idea!
I like those dangling pillows too, thumbs up!

Stiching4fun said...

Very nice! Like your Tatting and the pillows. The climbing roses will be a nice addition!


Pat

Cyra said...

Lots of beautiful 'stuff' happening around your silkie. Love the pink thread that emphasizes the colour of the rose.
You sure seem to be having a 'ball' with the wrapping cloth. It's great to follow along with all the embellishing you are adding to it.