May 14, 2013

Susan: Bare CQJP and Another hexagon

Sorry, I blanked that it was Tuesday and didn't even think about it until I was at the garage getting my tires rotated late this afternoon! I do have my bare block ready to go this week. There's a reason it appears slightly off. I'm experimenting with color placement in these blocks. It'll either be a smashing success or an abysmal failure, and I won't know until the end!


I also did another original-design hexagon embroidery this week.


Next week, I will be in Gatlinburg with my college roommate. I think there is wifi, and I'll be able to post. but if not, you'll know why I didn't come to the party! The block is going with me.

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love the design in the center of that hexie! Nice block, too. Have fun with your friend!

Suztats said...

It didn't read off to me at all, Susan. I think having the fabrics placed like that add interest and movement.
Another cute hexagon. I really like that design.

ladyhawthorne said...

Another great block to work on! Love the hexie block and your floral center is wonderful. Last time I was in Gatlinburg was about 40 years ago...bet things have changed since then, lol.

Debra Spincic said...

Your patriotic CQ is turning into one of my favorite pieces of your stitching.

Stiching4fun said...

I really like your Hexie's! Never thought of doing that. I am with Suz the block didn't read off to me. Keep up the good work.

Cyra said...

Reds are really YOU this year Susan. Love the cq block fabric placement. I think this is turning out to be a beauty too.
Hexagon block is gorgeous with your original design in the centre. A truly original quilt.