May 14, 2013

Debra: Busy with Machines

I seem to have moved out of the season of handwork into the season of machine work.  I am sewing lots of scrap quilts lately and documenting the process on my blog, Debra's Design Studio.
I have also started designing some easy strippy quilt layouts.  You are welcome to use the designs for your quilt projects.

Here's the latest quilt top I pieced for my niece, a college freshman.  The NY Beauty blocks were pieced in 2005 so it's nice to see them in a quilt.  My bits and parts UFO bin is almost empty!  The Pinwheel blocks are made from a 5" charm swap I had with Barbara Curiel a few years ago.   Here's the link to the video showing an easy way to piece pinwheels (Missouri Star Quilting).  Be careful, though, because the edges are bias.



Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

Suztats said...

That's a bright, happy quilt, Debra!

Judy S. said...

What a fun quilt! She will LOVE it!

Debra Spincic said...

I hope she does and I hope she uses it for a long time.

cq4fun said...

You know I love that quilt. If she hates it, I call first dibs. =)

Debra Spincic said...


When I picked up my Mom yesterday for lunch, she asked me how much it would cost for her to buy it. I looked at her and said, "You realize this is the quilt you asked me to sew for Heather, right?" So she was happy it was staying in the family and exclaimed that Heather would love it. I think, in all fairness, my mom has first dibs!

ladyhawthorne said...

It's a pretty amazing quilt top, I can see why everyone loves it. Are you sure you want to work with pastels this summer? You seem to be doing so well with the bright colors.

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks, I am hoping to put the pastels with the brights. We'll see how that goes.

Stiching4fun said...

Very bright and happy quilt! I know someone will love wrapping up in it.




Pat

Cyra said...

No that is what I call a wonderful ZINGER of a quilt. Beautiful Debra. Your creativeness always amazes me, and you always seem to come up with something that is totally different every time.