May 21, 2013

Deborah: UFO progress

I can't believe that I forgot what day it was. I actually finished up early, I was so happy thinking I'd get my post up before the deadline. Then, whoosh, it was Tuesday; I woke up really groggy from sleep, fed the dogs, made a dash to the gym, came home and got to work. Fortunately my clothes were ironed and my lunch was made the night before.  Didn't realize it was posting day until around 10 am. This evening I remembered the plants I had been given by my SIL's friend so I ran out - in my work clothes - and set them out very hurriedly and watered them. Hopefully it wasn't too late.  You can only cram so much into one 24 hour day. That's why I have decided - if nothing drastic happens - to retire at 65, which will be in a little less than 2 years. I suddenly felt a couple of weeks ago that it was time to move on. I still enjoy my job but there are other things I want to do and as you can see, working full time really cramps my style.

Sorry to digress. Here is this week's output:
The flowers on the bottom of the heart are a bit wonky but, oh well. Bottom picture shows the layout. I think I have them balanced pretty well. Now, what to put in between the applique blocks?

While I'm mulling that over, I am working on another well-aged UFO and will post pictures next week, if I can remember what day it is.

Oh - speaking of applique, take a look at this quilter's work.  Beautiful!


10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Your hear block turned out super! I don't see any wonkiness. Can't wait to see what you do with the 'spaces'.

Debra Spincic said...

You really stepped up to the plate on this project, Deborah!

Suztats said...

This is wonderful! It looks great all laid out. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Cyra said...

Oh wow! That is flipping fabulous.
I adore your heart block, and those dimensional flowers are pretty awesome. The ruched and yo-yo's (although in my quilting vocabulary I call those Suffolk Puffs, not yo-yo's) look so good there.
Great job Deborah.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks, Cyra. I like "Suffolk Puffs"! :-)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I would never have done this had I not had this group cheering me on. And a deadlne to meet every week.

Debra Spincic said...

Positive Peer Pressure!

Debra Spincic said...

Is this your final layout with the block placement?

Judy S. said...

Good job, Deborah! I'm so glad you went ahead with the applique plan; it's wonderful. It will be fun to see what you decide for the "in between" blocks. Can't wait!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Yes, I think it will be.