May 29, 2013

Angela's Trip Around the World Quilt/EQ Design

Here is one quadrant of Angela's idea for her Trip Around the World. I think it is easy to see that if you take the layout as 9 patch blocks, it is less confusing. I colored all the patches in the 9 patch block as the same color for illustration purposes. You could do whatever you want with them. In Angela's case, she is using a different fabric for each patch.   She's maintaining a beige diagonal throughout the layout.

Each quadrant would need 42 full 9 patch blocks.  The bottom and middle rows would work out a little differently.

 
Angela, if you want me to work up the other 3 quadrants, holler.  They are reverse images of this one. 

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

This is very pretty and thank you for your effort! I'm sticking with the original plan for now. But you never know, I might make one like this later on.

Debra Spincic said...

I used the same colors in the block just to delineate the 9 patch within the layout. I knew you were using different prints.

ladyhawthorne said...

Now that Debra has explained to me in several emails what she had in mind with this layout and making 9 patch blocks instead of a long row of single blocks at a time...my brain fog cleared and now I understand. Hope the rest of you are not as dense as I am today. LOL.

Debra Spincic said...

Some days are like that. You have to start worrying when every day is like that!

Barbara C said...

This is a great design for a scrap quilt. Nice work.

Cyra said...

Ah ha! Now I see the 9-patch blocks. Each block has the diagonal line in beige and 6 remaining patches in the various vintage fabric squares. Nice one.